welcome to my blog :]

It's completely your decision to partake in the act of reading what I post. I appreciate your opinions but if you regret what you read, well, I don't care. :D


I post about random things that occur in my life and I upload a lot of photos. The End.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

I got a 44% on my Latin test.






I HATE LATIN.


so much.


Apparently I don't do well with foreign languages. I took Spanish I in 8th grade and I failed it but maybe it was because I missed so much school and fell behind, not because I couldn't understand it.
Now I'm taking Latin I and I am doing terrible. I have failed EVERY single quiz and test we have had. Why? Because I hate how Mrs Hammond and Ms Gregory teach T_T gaddammit.

We had a vocabulary quiz assigned and didn't even go over the vocabulary until the last 5 minutes of class the day before the quiz -_-

The test I got a 44% on was over Chapters 1-7.

WE NEVER EVEN COVERED CHAPTER 3

And we went over declensions and derivatives ONE day in class and there was an entire page over that.

I was absent the day of verb conjugation, so I'm pretty much screwed.

Also, Mrs. Hammond is known throughout the DISTRICT for giving out extremely difficult tests and quizzes -_-

weeee~


So, I'm currently 9 chapters behind because I haven't memorized ANY vocabulary.

All I can think of off the top of my head is puella. (and also, the only thing I can think of in German is mädchen. Funny how 'girl' is the first term I memorized for 2 diff. languages)

I signed up for Latin II and German I & II for next year.
But I actually don't plan on taking Latin again, screw that they won't let me anyway if I end up failing it.




I just thought I should share this with you.



Also, I had this thought.

I am extremely thankful that my first language is English. Since it's such a bitch to learn, if I can't even pass Spanish I'd be having a coronary trying to learn English.

The bandage was wound around the wound.
The farm was used to produce produce.
The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
We must polish the Polish furniture.
He could lead if he would get the lead out.
The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.
I did not object to the object.
There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.
They were too close to the door to close it.
Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.
How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
I shed my clothes in the shed.

I feel sorry for anyone who has to learn it.


Anyone else agree?
:I

No comments:

Post a Comment